abitokembe on Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:38:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Help/Assistance

                                      ASSISTANCE
I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance
department
of the ECO BANK OF AFRICA LAGOS, NIGERIA. I am writing following the
impressive information about you. I have the assurance that you are
capable
and reliable enough to champion an impending transaction.
In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of US$28.5m (twenty
eight million and five hundred thousand US dollars), in an account that
belonged to one of our former customers who died along with his entire
family in a plane crash, in November, 1997. Since we received the
information
about his death, we have expected his next of kin to come forward and
claim his money, as enshrined in our banking laws and regulations. So
far nobody has come forward, and we cannot release the funds unless
someone
applies as the next of kin as stipulated in our guidelines.
Unfortunately,
We have discovered that all his supposed next of kin or relations died
alongside with him in the plane crash, and effectively leaving nobody
behind for the claim.
 It is consequent upon this discovery that other officials and I in my
department decided to make this business proposal to you and release
the money to you as the next of kin or relation of the deceased person,
for safety and subsequent disbursement, since nobody is coming forward
for it, and the money is not reverted into the bank's treasury as
unclaimed.
 The bank's regulation stipulates that if after five years, such money
remains unclaimed; the money will be reverted to the bank's treasury
as unclaimed fund.
 The request for a foreigner as the next of kin in this transaction is
predicated upon the fact that the said customer was a foreign national,
and no citizen of this country can claim to be the next of kin of a
foreigner.
We agree that 30% of ! the total sum we be given to you for your
assistance
in facilitating this transaction. My colleagues and I are going to
retain
60% of the total sum, and 10% will be set aside for the expenses that
we may incur in facilitating the remittance.
 To enable us effect this remittance, you must first apply as the next
of kin to the deceased. Your application will include your bank
co-ordinates,
that is, your bank name, bank address and telex, your bank account.
You will include your private telephone no. and fax no., for easy and
effective communication during this process. My colleagues and I will
visit your country for disbursement according to the agreed ratio, when
this transaction is concluded.
Upon the receipt of your response, I will send to you by fax, the text
of the application. I must not fail to bring to your notice the fact
that this transaction is hitch free, and that you should not entertain
fear as you are adequately protected from any form of embarrassment
 Do respond to this letter today to enable us proceed with the
transaction.(abito_kembe992002@yahoo.co.uk)
yours, sincerely,
Abito Kembe