nettime_announcer on Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:16:45 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> announcer 00.05 [b]

                                                                   - - - - - - -
                                                                   | 0 0 . 0 5 |
                                                                   - - - - - - -

                                                   <nettime> announcer   |  a

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |  b <<

                                                                         - - - -
              Elisa Rose <gunafa@well.com> : WEBCASTING & BROADCASTING   | 0 8 |
                                                                         - - - -
                           John Hopkins <hopkins@iex.net> : recordshop   | 0 9 |
                                                                         - - - -
           jaap@squat.net (jaap) : ascii cafe (amsterdam) has reopened   | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -
  SMART Project Space <smartps@xs4all.nl> : Almanac, Art on Television   | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
    Aleksandar Gubas <gutwine@yahoo.com> : European independent cinema   | 1 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
                      Siraj Izhar <strike@stalk.net> : LEFT LUGGAGE #1   | 1 3 |
                                                                         - - - -
  murmux@worldnet.fr : unplaced cartographers - cartographes sans lieu   | 1 4 |
                                                                         - - - -
   Lisa Le Feuvre <lisa@photonet.org.uk> : Sodium Blindness Exhibition   | 1 5 |
                                                                         - - - -
       Martin Burckhardt <Martin.Burckhardt@t-online.de> : INTERFACE 5   | 1 6 |
                                                                         - - - -
                             mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net> : ~~~~~~~=~~~~~~   | 1 7 |
                                                                         - - - -
           cpv88 <cpv88@progirl.com> : Pussy and Beer: An Ebay Auction   | 1 8 |
                                                                         - - - -
 Ivo Skoric <ivo@reporters.net> : "Alternatives to Ethnic Nationalism"   | 1 9 |
                                                                         - - - -
                    Joel Westerberg <tux@powerbase-alpha.com> : Schema   | 2 0 |
                                                                         - - - -
   Frederick Noronha <fred@goa1.dot.net.in> : South Asia Citizens' Web   | 2 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
   Reinhold.Grether@uni-konstanz.de : German press coverage about etoy   | 2 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
   Ivo Skoric <ivo@reporters.net> : Unofficial Slobodan Milosevic Site   | 2 3 |
                                                                         - - - -
   treborscholz@earthlink.net : Search for videos on the war in Kosov@   | 2 4 |
                                                                         - - - -
   Thomas Dumke <Thomas.Dumke@mailbox.tu-dresden.de> : "media fascism"   | 2 5 |
                                                                         - - - -
            valery grancher <vgranger@imaginet.fr> : immediate release   | 2 6 |
                                                                         - - - -
    jeanette@medea.wz-berlin.de : Lecture of Lawrence Lessig in Berlin   | 2 7 |
                                                                         - - - -

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

                                delivered each weekend into your inbox   |

                                        mailto:nettime-l@bbs.thing.net   |

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 8 |
                                                                         - - - -

STATION ROSE  NEWSLETTER 01/2000:

A) New Webcast FAHRPLAN.
B) Broadcasting: Station Rose TV- feature at ARTE, "Tracks", FRI/28.1., 7pm CET.
C) Realvideofile "Station Rose live in Paris" at <www.liberation.com/libetv>.

Dear friends,

the new year started weeks ago, but no message so far from Station Rose/STR
headquarter. This is strange, isn´t it? Not really, cause we were speeding
up & bettering some things for you - to make STR-webcasting faster and
stronger.

A) After 92 live-webcasts last year, we are starting now with No.93 on a
new level:
THU/3.2.00, 9pm CET, at http://www.stationrose.com

During the last weeks STR was going into a closer relation with internet
partner Gigabell AG, with whom we cooperate since the very early 90-ies. We
transported the brandnew <GUNAFA SERVER>, inside a chic 19" rack, in the
Gunafamobile to their big new Rechenzentrum.
There IT is right now- humming in the middle of other machines, ready to
start streaming in a cosy realtime setting of 155 Mbit, while the STR
headquarter, as well as our internet partner´s, are both located at top
floors of skyscrapers downtown Frankfurt, where the fat netcables come in
from all Germany underneath.

B) Broadcasting: Station Rose TV- Feature at ARTE, "Tracks", FRI/28.1., 7pm CET.

    European TV program ARTE will broadcast a feature on STR, including
footage material of performances, Station Rose on Field Duty (Paris, Cairo,
etc.) and interviews.
Broadcasting on Webcasting.

C) Realvideofile "Station Rose live in Paris" at <www.liberation.com/libetv>

the website of French journal "Liberation" will stream an edit of the
live-Performance
in Paris, Dec 23rd ´99, at the Club Batofar, on 28/1/00 on from 9pm CET:
<htttp://www.liberation.com/libetv>

more news:
-----------------
* next time live: Station Rose at Club Transmediale, Berlin: 12/2/00, Haus
des Lehrers.
* Station Rose congratulates Etoy.

stay with us & dont go away!
STR  01-2000

                                           "Cyberspace  is  Our Land!"
STR is one of the 1st multimedia bands in the world;  online since 91,
doing netart since 1992.
The actual "STReaming_Gunafa_Schedule" & the live-dates can be found at
www.stationrose.com.
STR played at Ars Electronica, Transmediale, Viper, Museum Ludwig,
Cyberthon, XS & Ultraschall, le Batofar, the Museum of Applied Arts in
Vienna, ....

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 9 |
                                                                         - - - -

recordshop

Hi, my name is Alexander Rishaug and I'm a student at the Art Academy in
Trondheim, Norway.  I'm taking part in an art exhibition at the Trondheim
Art Museum from April 30th until May 21st.

My entry/work is a recordshop and I wonder if you would be interested in
participating with material from your label/company/band. I would like one
or two of each: cd, vinyl, or cassett. Which ones and how many is up to you.

The point of this project is to profile music and audio works that I'm
interested in. In particular, I want to show small, independent labels that
release work they really believe in.

I can't afford to pay the postage for things you send to me because I won't
earn anything from this.  But after the exhibition is finished, either you
will receive payment for you goods or I will return them, post-paid (by me).

I need material no later than April 1st.  Whether you decide to participate
or not, I would like you to reply as soon as possible so that I can get an
overview of how much material I'll have.

For more infomation about me or the project please contact me at the adress
below:

Alexander Rishaug
Strandveien 19
7042 Trondheim
Norway

phone: + 47 73 50 39 97
mail: rishaug@stud.ntnu.no

Send this mail further, if you like.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -

Dear ASCII protagonists,

ASCII's back online! Ater a long and dusty work period at the Fort van
Sjako we are now located on Jodenbreestraat 24, subground.
And: There is an opening party, jipii. Yes, so come along on Fr. 28.01,
we've some live music (starting 19:00) and some dj's (starting 21:00)
organized. For internetting and the like show up earlier, we will open
doors at 14:00.

For anybody who does not now us, a short discription of our acivities:
free Internet access, squatting, Linux support, streaming media, digital
music, teaching. ASCII is opened daily from 14:00 to 19:00. All work is
done by volunteers and hardware is mainly donated (and this is certainly
a hint that you could become active and supportive also ;-) )

For more Info take a look at the website: http:/squat.net/ascii
      greetings,

--
                  _____      _____     _____       _____        ____
                 /\****\    /\****\   /\****\     /\****\      /\***\
                /::\****\  /::\****\ /::\****\   /::\*****    /::\***\
               /::::\****\/::::\****\::::\****\  \:::\****\   \:::\***\
              /::::::\****\:::::\****\::::\****\  \:::\****\   \:::\***\
             /:::/\:::\****\/\:::\****\\:::\****\  \:::\****\   \:::\***\
            /:::/__\:::\****\_\:::\****\\:::\****\  \:::\****\   \:::\***\
           /::::\   \:::\****\ \:::\****\\:::\****\ /::::\****\  /::::\***\
          /::::::\   \:::\****\ \:::\****\\:::\****\::::::\****\/::::::\***\
         /:::/\:::\   \:::\****\ \:::\****\\:::\****\:/\:::\****\::/\:::\***\
        /:::/  \:::\   \:::\****\ \:::\****\\:::\****\  \:::\****\/  \:::\***\
        \::/    \:::\  /:::/****/  \::/****/:\::/****/   \::/****/    \::/***/
         \/____/ \:::\/:::/****/\   \/****/:::\/****/   /:\/****/    / \/***/
                  \::::::/****/::\    \ \  \::::::/    /\::::::/    /
                   \::::/****/\:::\____\ \  \::::/____/  \::::/____/
                   /:::/****/ /:::/****/  \  \:::\    \   \:::\    \
                  /:::/****/\/:::/****/    \  \:::\    \   \:::\    \
                 /:::/****/:::::/****/:\    \  \:::\    \   \:::\    \
                /:::/****/\::::/****/:::\____\  \:::\____\   \:::\____\
                \::/****/  \::/****/ \::/****/   \::/****/    \::/****/
                 \/****/    \/****/   \/****/     \/****/      \/****/

            ...You will be asciimilated.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -

ALMANAC, Art on Television | ALMANAC, Art on Television and ALMANAC, Special
Edition are cable cast television-programs of Art cinema and video-art |
Produced by SMART Project Space in association with Bellissima Foundation

A1, Channel 26 of the Amsterdam cable network | every saturday from
23:00-01:00 hours

Saturday Januari 29 | The Way

 Peter Westenberg | May Way, 1999, 18 mins.
May Way is a roadmovie that tells its story through slideprojections and
still-images. The first part consists of close-up shots of car-names and
type-indications that read like slogans. The desire that emerges from it
refers to 19th century Romanticism but is being contradicted by the grafical
harshness of the logo's. The second series of images contains slides that
visualise the photographers admiration for the sublime of landscapes. The
images of surroundings and empty interiors are being accompanied by the
report of a guided tour to Switserland. In this itinerary the foreign
environment is being explored. The differences and similarities to the
home-situation are being investigated. Text and imagery both show a
fascination for landscapes and scenic views, but are made by different
people in different times and places. The story goes beyond the personal
tale. May Way is a sober narrative about the desire of being 'somewhere
else' and the routine of everyday live that prevents this from happening
(Peter Westenberg).

 Lluis Escartin Lara | 75-Drive-A-Way, 1991, 20 mins.
>From the dollar signs in the eyes of the Queens entrepreneur who sells the
voyagers a brave 1975 Plymouth, to the roadside teepees which signify
America's great ambivalence towards the role of aboriginal people, to the
"Circle K Eat" sign that beckons the hungry, weary traveller, the signs in
this documentary bespeak America's brooding obsession with mobility: the
meditative shot of the Navy fighter jet moored alongside a highway; the
inexorable rumbling of a freight train, the shot of the car itself -it's
rusty hood seemingly grinding a groove into the reddish dust- all capture a
mood at once exultant and slightly demonic. A grizzled gentleman outside of
a bar provides a virtual glossary of the language of signs: viewers are left
to interpret their multivalent meanings. The one actual "speach" in the
documentary serves as a coda; the rehearsed quality of the distiller's
testimonial to Jack Daniels stands in contrast to the less domesticated,
more ominous signs that occupy the body of the visual narrative. For the
movie contains a suggestion of the violence which has often erupted from the
lonely expanse of terrain which the signs of America speak to. It is that
terrible beauty which is conveyed by "75-Drive-A-Way" (James Fisher).

SMART Project Space
Keizersgracht 720, NL-1017 EW Amsterdam
P.O.Box 15004, NL-1001 MA Amsterdam
Phone: +31 20 427.5951 / 427.5952
Phone/fax.: +31 20 420.6028
Email: smartps@xs4all.nl

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 2 |
                                                                         - - - -

EURINDIE, a new Web site dedicated to European independent cinema,
has been launched recently. This site's aim is to develop a different
vision of the future of European cinema. This vision is based on the
opinion that the present European cultural policy should pay more
attention to less traditional and more flexible ways of making
European cinema, especially to the independent, low-budget, digital
and Web initiatives. The address of the EURINDIE is
http://sites.netscape.net/eurindie

EURINDIE Web site is also intended to be an ever-growing resource on
European indie scene. There you can find more than 150 links to
Europe based indie or indie-friendly sites, as well as the short film
sites. Check out and find what you need, and feel free to submit the
EURINDIE link you own or know about. With your participation, this
non-commercial resource can be more useful to everybody.

On 15th January EURINDIE has launched free bi-weekly newsletter
FILMSKA PRAVDA in English language, delivered through the specialized
eGroups.com mailing list. FILMSKA PRAVDA covers the information on
the European and world independent cinema and is designed as a medium
for building network of European indie filmmakers. Being member of
this list, you will receive plain text (no HTML) edition of FILMSKA
PRAVDA twice a month. You can also send your free ads, notices and
other information to eurindie@netscape.net, and it will be released
in the next issue of FILMSKA PRAVDA, reaching about 550 filmmakers in
Europe and worldwide.

To subscribe to FILMSKA PRAVDA, send a blank message with 'subscribe'
in the subject line to eurindie@netscape.net
To unsubscribe, send an empty message to
filmskapravda-unsubscribe@egroups.com
You can also read FILMSKA PRAVDA online, at
http://www.egroups.com/group/filmskapravda

EURINDIE and FILMSKA PRAVDA are run by LOW-FI VIDEO, Belgrade based
association of independent filmmakers.

Sincerely,
Aleksandar Gubas
editor of FILMSKA PRAVDA

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 3 |
                                                                         - - - -

Friday 28 JANUARY 2000

8:30pm prompt till 10:45pm

LEFT LUGGAGE

@  strike

COMMERCIAL HOUSE

43x Commercial Street

London E1

(nearest tube: Aldgate East or Liverpool Street)

tel 0171 375 3596  fax 0171 375 2599

Admission £2 with a firework / £4 without

Self contained ceremonies for culture in a state of dispossesion:

LEFT LUGGAGE: Closed. Please do not return.

LEFT LUGGAGE #1 will be conducted in 3 stages: a ceremonial marking of
space with fireworks, production of new live-works by Ticklish and
progressive dispersal through micro-radio and virtual networks.

Left Luggage is the first of a series of new programmes at diy_plc the
new strike project and facility.

The recorded remains of the evening will interned in the lobby at
CONSUME at diy_plc.

LEFT LUGGAGE #1:

with Steve Beresford

Ticklish:

Phil Durrant- Samplers

Richard Sanderson- Samplers

Rob Flint- Video Interaction and Sound Injection

Ticklish music is entirely insular in origin, all samples exclusively
derive from

recordings made by members of the group. Nobody else's music is
sampled.

Rob Flint (Scopac)'s live video mixing and sound injections are
integral

to the improvisation and flux.</fontfamily>

http://rad.spc.org

> CONSUME micro radio / point your dialler at 104.3 FM on the night

http://www.stalk.net/diy_plc

http://consume.spc.org/

strike:

reconstructing the cultural eco-system.

New infrastructures + zero representation: agenda-less art for
subjectless subjects.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 4 |
                                                                         - - - -

dear all
would you have a look at this project
(work in progress)
and maybe take part in it?

best regards
myriam rambach
for name diffusion

unplaced cartographers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a group of undocumented people -  "sans papiers" -
is travelling through cyberspace

http://www.moneynations.ch/cartographes

a cartography is taking shape on the net,
showing the sites where they have been granted
full and unrestricted right of residence.

please take part in the action ...

Kind regards
Name Diffusion
This project now includes animated cartographies
of the sans papiers occupations and demonstrations in Paris.
http://www.moneynations.ch/cartographes/carto1/index.htm
and contributions of correspondants
http://www.moneynations.ch/cartographes/contrib.htm
It will be installed in a public place -an art center-
in Grenoble (france) from feb 5th to april 30th

salut la compagnie!
voudriez vous jeter un coup d'oeil à ce projet
(chantier ouvert) et peut-être y prendre part?

alors à bientôt?
bien à vous
myriam rambach
pour name diffusion

cartographes sans lieu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  des Sans Papiers sont en voyage dans le net
  http://www.moneynations.ch/cartographes

  Une cartographie de leur libre circulation se dessine.

  Prenez part ... on attend des nouvelles, l'action est en cours....
le projet comprend également
la cartograpahie animée des occupations et des manifestations
http://www.moneynations.ch/cartographes/carto1/index.htm
et plusieurs contributions théoriques qui nous sont parvenues
http://www.moneynations.ch/cartographes/contrib.htm
Il sera installé dans un endroit public
à Grenoble (france) du 5 fevrier au 30 avril

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 5 |
                                                                         - - - -

Private View Thursday 3 February 2000 6.30pm - 9pm

Thursday - Sunday 11am - 6pm 5 - 24 February 2000

APT Gallery, 6 Creekside, Deptford, London SE8 3EW

telephone 0171 250 1173

Sodium Blindness is a group exhibition of six female artists working
with video and photography whose work explores contemporary experiences
of the urban space at night.

Movement through city after dark is central to Sarah Conway's video
work: a woman walks through unevenly lit empty London streets. This
everyday activity takes on a cinematic menace as the camera tracks her
route. Helen Couchman also takes the city streets as her focus: taking
the area surrounding the gallery space as her starting point, she
highlights our perceptions of a specific journey through the city
relating the journey to the APT Gallery.

Lynne Marsh's video projection 'Calling' is being exhibited for the
first time in Sodium Blindness. Like her earlier work,
'Calling'continues to be concerned with an individual's movement through
space. Referencing the powerful protagonists of video games, we confront
character who is in complete possession of the space around her. Shizuka
Yokomizo's photographs also reveal a control and possession of nocturnal
space, but in her case the individuals are self assured within their own
domestic realm. The strangers' gaze returns that of the camera to create
a compelling series of surprisingly intimate portraits.

Claudine Hartzel explores this relationship between inside and outside,
but she is more concerned with glances into a space rather than from a
space. Her images are of both corporate and domestic interiors that we
might glimpse when moving through the city at night. Vicki Wetherill's
work likewise captures glimpses of an interior: over a year she
documented a single street in Paris' red light district. In her images
we see the alluring glamour of a number of establishments promising
nocturnal delights. Behind the enticing curtains which hang in front of
peepshow doorways lies a brightly lit interior offering sex for sale.

Sodium Blindness is organised by
Sarah Conway and Lisa Le Feuvre

For further information and press images

call 020 7250 1173 email lefeuvre@ndirect.co.uk

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 6 |
                                                                         - - - -

I N T E R F A C E  5  - D I E   P O L I T I K  D E R   M A S C H I N E

Internationales Symposion mit Workshops und Ausstellung
Eine Veranstaltung der Kulturbehörde Hamburg
7.9.-14.10.2000

ausgerichtet von
Christina von Braun - Hartmut Böhme - Matin Burckhardt - Wolfgang Coy -
Friedrich Kittler - Hans Ulrich Reck - Stephan Schmidt-Wulffen
assoziiert:
Volker Grassmuck - Thomas Macho

Vortrag und Vorschau -  Pressekonferenz

3.2.2000     Kunstverein in Hamburg  Klosterwall 23   20:00 h

Infos zur Veranstaltung:

[für den Internet Explorer]
http://www.interface5.de/home/vorschau/ie/vorschau.html

[für Netscape]
http://www.interface5.de/home/vorschau/ne/vorschau.html

weitere Informationen als *pdf-Datei [279 kb]

http://www.interface5.de/home/agenda/Agenda2000.pdf

Dr. Martin Burckhardt
Schloßstr. 115
12163 Berlin
Tel. 030-797.07.338

e-mail: martin.burckhardt@t-online.de
 martin.burckhardt@rz.hu-berlin.de

http://www.interface5.de
http://www.kv-kadmos.com

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 7 |
                                                                         - - - -

tilting~wakest
 tilting~wakest
  tilting~wakest
   tilting~wakest
    tilting~wakest
     tilting~wakest
      tilting~wakest
       tilting~wakest
        tilting~wakest
         tilting~wakest
          tilting~wakest
           tilting~wakest
            tilting~wakest
             tilting~wakest
              tilting~wakest
               tilting~wakest
                tilting~wakest
                 tilting~wakest
                  tilting~wakest
                   tilting~wakest
                    tilting~wakest
                     tilting~wakest
                      tilting~wakest
                       tilting~wakest
                        tilting~wakest
                         tilting~wakest
                          tilting~wakest
                           tilting~wakest
                            tilting~wakest
                             tilting~wakest
                              tilting~wakest
                               tilting~wakest
                                tilting~wakest
                                 tilting~wakest
                                  tilting~wakest
                                   tilting~wakest
                                    tilting~wakest
                                     tilting~wakest

http://net22.com/qazingulaza/tiltingwakest/index.html

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 8 |
                                                                         - - - -

------------------------------------
PUSSY AND BEER
7 HOT POLAROIDS OF MY EX-GIRLFRIEND AND ONE CASE OF BUDWEISER BEER
AN EBAY AUCTION
------------------------------------
http://www.progirl.com/pussy
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
CURRENT UNDERSTANDING
------------------------------------
PHOTOGRAPHS OF AN EX-LOVER ARE LIKE LOOKING INTO NOTHING AT ALL AND BEER IS
A UTILITY FOR HELPING CALM THE ANXIETY OF LOOKING BACK AND SEEING  NOTHING
CREEPING UP BEHIND YOU AND GESTURES LIKE THIS AUCTION ARE PART OF A MUCH
GREATER RITUAL OF EVENTUALLY FORGETTING YOURSELF ALTOGETHER.
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
AN UNUSUAL OPPORTUNITY TO SIMULTANEOUSLY INCREASE YOUR CULTURAL CAPITAL AND
GET OFF BEGINNING FRIDAY JANUARY 28, 2000 AND CULMINATING WITH THE
CELEBRATION OF THE GROUP SHOW BI-VIRTUE AT STAR 67 - WILLIAMSBURG, BROOKLYN
- 67 METROPOLITAN AVE.  BI-VIRTUE IS ON VIEW THROUGH FEBRUARY 27, 2000.
------------------------------------
http://www.progirl.com/pussy
http://www.progirl.com/pussy
http://www.progirl.com/pussy
http://www.progirl.com/pussy
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
------------------------------------

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 9 |
                                                                         - - - -

INSTITUTE FOR STRENGTHENING DEMOCRACY IN BOSNIA
K o n j i c
Bosnia-Herzegovina

The third international  Seminar
"Democracy and Human Rights in Multi-ethnic Societies"
Time: 3-7 July, 2000
Place: Konjic, B&H

Dear colleagues,

I acquaint you that Eric Gordy, Clark University, USA, Ana Devic, Brown
University, USA, and Florian Bieber, Central European University, Hungary,
are going to organize the panel:

"Alternatives to Ethnic Nationalism: Before and After the War"

The panelists will present their research on political and cultural
alternatives to ethnic nationalism, focusing on the decade preceding the
break-up of socialist Yugoslavia and the subsequent developments in Serbia.

I kindly request all of you interested in the issue to contact Ana Devic
(Ana_Devic@brown.edu) directly.

Best regards
Dzemal Sokolovic

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 0 |
                                                                         - - - -

Schema

http://www.schemalist.nu
will be a forum for open discussion about arts and current events as
well as a channel for press releases and invitations to openings etc.

Schema is
*in Swedish only
*unmoderated

To subscribe send an email to the following address:
listserv@listserv.kultur.nu
with the text "SUBSCRIBE SCHEMA YourFirstName YourSurname" in the body
of the message, type anything you want in the subject line.

cheers,

Joel

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'
Not very much info in English at the moment apart from this page:
http://www.schemalist.nu/information_en.html
more English info to come soon!

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 1 |
                                                                         - - - -

his is Harsh Kapoor's interesting updates' service...FN

SOUTH ASIA CITIZENS WEB DISPATCH is an informal, independent &
non-profit citizens wire service run by South Asia Citizens Web
(http://www.mnet.fr/aiindex) since1996.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 2 |
                                                                         - - - -

Florian Rötzer, eToys.com zieht die Klage gegen Etoy.com zurück
(Telepolis, Jan. 26, 2000)
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/te/5719/1.html

eToys.com zieht die Klage gegen Etoy.com zurück
(Heise News-Ticker, Jan. 26, 2000)
http://www.telepolis.de/newsticker/data/fr-26.01.00-000/

Alexander Stirn, eToys.com gibt nach
(Spiegel Online, Jan. 26, 2000)
http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/ebusiness/nf/0,1518,61247,00.html

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 3 |
                                                                         - - - -

http://www.homestead.com/PresidentSlobodan/slobodan.html

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 4 |
                                                                         - - - -

Dear Nettime,

I am currently curating a program on the war in Kosov@ for which I am still
looking for films/ videos. The work will be screened at the NW Film Center
in Portland, (OR)- United States.

More information on the film series you can find at

http://projects.pnca.edu/kosovo

Please let me know soon if you are aware of films/ videos that I have not
included yet.

Thank you.

best regards,
Trebor Scholz

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 5 |
                                                                         - - - -

Dear Reader?

I am currently studing sociology at TU Dresden in Germany and I want to
write something about netbased sociality in my work.
I have heard, that Paul Virilio nowadays speaks about media fascism,
what means like a acultural development. New technologies would prevent
social relationships, so his thesis. I think not like that, so nettime
for instance is in my eyes a functional social system.

Who can say me, where I can find the text or the book, where describes
P. Virilio his opion about media fascism?

With kind regards
Thomas Dumke

td9@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 6 |
                                                                         - - - -

Hello,

    I have the pleasure to announce my next show on February:

- February 11 - 13 2000:
BF15, a group show curated by Claire Peillod, Lyon, France
A new video installation produced on december 1999 will be shown "Nowhere Never"
with the internet piece "webscape":
http://webscape.tsx.org

- February 18 to March 29 2000:
I'm making a solo show at the TADU Contemporary Art gallery in Bangkok,
Thailand. This project is curated by Luckana Kunavichayanont.
Tadu gallery is one of the place with About cafe who hosted "Cities on the Move"
(exhibition curated by Hans Ulrich Obrist and Hou Hanrou last november,
december).

for any contact:

> Luckana Kunavichayanont
> Tadu Contemporary Art
> Royal City Avenue
> 31/4 Soi Soonvijai,Rama 9 Rd.
> Bangkok 10310, Thailand.
> Tel. 66 2 203 0926-30
> Fax. 66 2 203 0931
> Mobile  66 1 617 9141

In this context specific pieces will be produced using concept as "media in
situ". As everybody knows through mondialisation we can feel a kind of
normalization but on the other hand we can perceive that new kind of territories
based on media are emerging and are different from each other. The mediatic
context is different In Asia to Europe, To USA or to Africa.

There will be an installation, ten photographies and 3 big net art pieces
produced during the last months.:
http://tadu.tsx.org
With the support of the Berkeley Art museum and the Cartier fundation for
contemporary art  who accepted that pieces from their permanent collection will
be shown in this context.
With the support of the French embassy of Thailand
A catalog will be produced with an interview made by Jean Marc Avrilla.

You can also see my work at this different gallery:

- Tadu contemporary art Gallery, Bangkok, Thailand
- Refusalon gallery, san Francisco, USA.
- Galerie Chez Valentin, Paris, France.

all my best,
sorry for any cross postings

Valery Grancher
vgranger@imaginet.fr
http://nomemory.tsx.org

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 7 |
                                                                         - - - -

American Academy Lecture (Berlin)

Lawrence Lessig

Berkman Professor for Entrepreneurial Legal Studies,
Harvard University, and
Fellow, Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin

CYBERSPACE'S CONSTITUTION

Cyberspace has a constitution. Its architecture, or its code, is that
constitution. That constitution imbeds certain values; it imbeds a
context of innovation. But these values and innovation are being
threatened just now as the architecture of cyberspace changes. In his
lecture, Professor Lessig will describe these changes, and the threat
they present.

Moderated by Dr. Jeanette Hofmann,
Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung

Thursday, February 10, 2000, 8:00 p.m.

Please confirm your participation by fax: 030/ 804 83-222 or
e-mail: Fehler! Textmarke nicht definiert..de by Monday, February 7th.
Limited seating available. mailbox@americanacademy.de
tel: 030/804 83 0

s.o. http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/lessig.html

   home           http://waste.informatik.hu-berlin.de/Grassmuck/