ME on Sat, 15 Apr 2000 18:25:51 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> -ALLSORTS-U'wa, action Tues 18th, London

[---forwarded]

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 01:06:34 +0100
To: rts@gn.apc.org
From: ALSO RTS <allsorts@gn.apc.org>
Subject: -ALLSORTS-U'wa, action Tues 18th, London

U'wa, action Tues 18th, London

U'wa representative Roberto Cobaria will be in London on Tuesday 18th
April.  The U'wa are an indigenous group from the rainforests of Colombia
whose land and culture is under threat from drilling for oil on their
lands. If drilling starts the whole group of thousands have pledged to
commit collective suicide rather than see their land and culture destroyed.

Roberto, Reclaim The Streets, and others have organised a demonstration to
target Fidelity Investments, who are a major shareholder in Occidental Oil,
the company who want to drill for oil on U'wa lands.  Roberti is coming to
'the city', the Square mile, the people funding the destruction of U'wa
land and culture, and we want as many people to be there on Tuesday, with
him, as possible.  To show our solidarity with the U'wa and give (another)
strong message to the world's largest financial centre (that profits at any
price will cost them dearly?)

Meet: 7.30 am London Bridge BR station, on the concourse outside 'Costa
Coffee', to then move off to Fidelity Investments (25 Lovette Lane).

Tell your friends, and see many of you bright and early Tuesday.

==========================
*RESISTANCE IS FERTILE*
Start planting seeds now for Mayday's Guerrilla Gardening actions in cities
around UK. Transform the cities into places where we live
rather than work to live + check out: www.primalseeds.org
RTS meetings take place onTuesday evenings at 7pm
at the Cock Tavern, Phoenix Road, North East of Euston Station

"The role of the revolutionary artist is to make revolution irresistible."
Toni Cade Bambara

                        www.reclaimthestreets.net

                OUR RESISTANCE IS AS TRANSNATIONAL AS CAPITAL