Ronda Hauben on 20 Jul 2000 18:51:24 -0000

<nettime> F.A.I.R. interview on GAO-ICANN report now online in audio

The radio interview that Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) did
with me on the GAO report is now online in audio.

     A recent report from the General Accounting Office appears to give
     a green light to something called ICANN, or the Internet
     Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. Critics call it a
     brazen attempt by private interests to gain significant control
     over the Internet, while the few media accounts of the
     controversial agency indicate that ICANN will bring some
     much-needed order to the online world. Technology writer Ronda
     Hauben will join us to explain a story that most people may have
     never heard about, but will likely determine the future of the
     Internet.

The general URL for counterspin
   Linkname: CounterSpin

For the interview itself: