Stefan Krempl on 20 Sep 2000 03:28:26 -0000

Re: <nettime> remember the kosovo war on this list?

"K.Patelis" <cop02kp@gold.ac.uk> wrote:

> A short and aggresive answer:

a short and kind answer:

> Maybe it would be usefull for "us" if you answered the
> questions you yourself pose before any of us have a go.

I'm not so sure about that. Using mailing lists as a research topic of its
own is still a pretty new approach, at least here in Germany. So I have to
give good reasons in the paper why I'm embarking on this project. So why not
check back with the readers and producers here about their sense of
importance this list had during the war? And by the way, if anyone here has
done research including nettime as a research topic, please let me know.

> Moderation is like mediation

sounds good and I'm definitely not against moderation. But your aphorism
makes me ask: didn't we have enough mediated (and moderated) media already
and wasn't the Internet about something else?

thx for everybody sending links or encouragements so far,

Stefan