Michael van Eeden on 27 Oct 2000 23:55:56 -0000

RE: <nettime> Microsoft theft

Law wrote:
> A few people get to brag to their friends for a month or so, and then
> the world's software and Microsoft's security practices are
> unchanged -- just as bad as ever.

But what if the source code would prove certain things we always suspected?
Undocumented 'features' in the code that would allow Microsoft programmers
to write their software more efficiently than people without access to the
source? Comments in the code showing that certain changes were made
specifically to break software not made by Microsoft? Backdoors to let NSA
people in? GPL (open source) code included in closed source Microsoft
products?

Michael van Eeden