Aldon Hynes on 9 Jan 2001 17:25:00 -0000

Re: <nettime> Disassociate Webdesign from Usability

You know, I've been reading this list for a while and
been mostly bored.  You know.  A bunch of people
throwing their words into the ether without any real
connection seeming to take place.  Sort of like, what
if they held an online art museum and nobody
clicked...

Oh there have been a few exceptions.  The discussions
about GWB have been interesting as well as the
nanomedicine stuff and the thing about drugs....

But here was a message that caught my attention.  A
little while ago, everyone was complaining about the
flash page for sfmoma's 010101...  Meanwhile everyone
is complaining about dull interfaces.

Maybe I'm unsophisticated, but I kinda like text.
That is one of the reasons most of the stuff I do
online is text.  It is easy.  Anyone can do text,
anyone can understand text, and it provides a great
opportunity to improvizationally interact.  Kinda like
doing black and white prints while everyone else is
doing color film...

What was the book you were reading?

Aldon