Announcer on 11 Jan 2001 17:18:21 -0000

<nettime> Announcements [6]

Table of Contents:

   ''e-phos'' festival announcement
     "ALAS" <alas@ath.forthnet.gr>

   Gene Spill online
     Gene Spill <pollen.station@bigpond.com>

   net wor][th][k
     "Auto.no.m][at][ic Tell.her Mezchine" <mezandwalt@wollongong.starway.net.au>

   DCSB: Ted Byfield; ICANN, Intellectual Property, and Digital  Commerce
     "R. A. Hettinga" <rah@shipwright.com>

   unsearch 2.01
     developer@lfoundation.org

   http://meta.am/   -  organometallic chemistry
     m e t a <meta@meta.am>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:51:05 +0200
From: "ALAS" <alas@ath.forthnet.gr>
Subject: ''e-phos'' festival announcement

3rd International Festival of Film and New Media on Art
''e-phos 2001''
=20
=20
on the
B    O    D    Y
K I N E S I S - ANAMORPHOSIS in the DIGITAL ERA

=20
=20
2 3  M a y - 3  June  2 0 0 1
Athens, Greece

=20

alas@ath.forthnet.gr
tel: 00301-7520064-5
fax: 00301-7520064

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:23:41 +0000
From: Gene Spill <pollen.station@bigpond.com>
Subject: Gene Spill online

Gene Spill, a group exhibition involving the artists:

Stephen Birch
Bronia Iwanczak
Isobel Johnston
Michelle Nikou
Suzanne Treister
Philipa Veitch

which took place at Imperial Slacks Gallery, Sydney, from 16 November -
2 December 2000, is now viewable online:

http://ensemble.va.com.au/genespill

Gene Spill is about our movement towards an age redefined by
biotechnology: it is an investigation into the reconfigured realities
created by genetically modified lifeforms and their interplay within the
complex nexus of our ecosystem and our cultural/social beliefs and
practices. Gene Spill explores the transgression of previous boundaries
for a new taxonomy with different relational strategies in a language of
morphology, mutation and fusion.

*apologies for cross posting*