Announcer on Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:04:36 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Announcements [16]

Table of Contents:

   Apparatus for browser&monitor
     computer fine arts <doron@computerfinearts.com>

     "Henry Lee" <dw@dream-warriors.com>

   netzspannung.org/journal/issue0 (english - deutsch)
     redaktion@netzspannung.org

   [red]20010606 and space-time mapping
     hidenori watanave <derin@lovelink.co.jp>

   artits proposal
     Technologies To The People <tttp@irational.org>

   Medi@terra 2001 / athens / Call for projects
     "Dimos Dimitriou" <addfield@ath.forthnet.gr>

   Live EWMO au CND
     "ewmo" <ewmo@technart.net>

   book announcement--Barrett
     Jud Wolfskill <wolfskil@MIT.EDU>

   Apparatus for browser&monitor
     computer fine arts <doron@computerfinearts.com>

   THE GREAT VIRTUAL SKYSCRAPER PROJECT
     www@trashconnection.com

   1000+1 Netzkunstprojekte / verybusy.org
     mail@spiv.de

   post to nettime list
     lordjimpunk <lord@jimpunk.com>

   |_ /\ |) (- |\|: back from riga - resturlaub
     "LADEN" <LADEN@lothringer13.de>

   software installation
     aurora@easynet.co.uk (Sarah Thompson)

   Opening@MIG Thursday >06.07.01 6-9/ A symposium@ Engine 27: "Post media" >06.08.
     Michele <michele@movingimagegallery.com>

   Branding the Campus
     "geert lovink" <geert@xs4all.nl>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 09:53:32 -0500
From: computer fine arts <doron@computerfinearts.com>
Subject: Apparatus for browser&monitor

june 5, 2001
.
 http://www.computerfinearts.com/contort/
.
 quicktime streaming, fast connection recommended
.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:17:40
From: "Henry Lee" <dw@dream-warriors.com>

Announcement of a new Internet Film Production

"K-Town Cowboyz" (www.k-towncowboys.com)

“K-Town Cowboys,” is a trilogy, each episode is 30 minutes each.  When all three are completed, it will be made into a 90 minute feature film.
	Episode 1: Hyung (Big Brother) – Action: The Brotherhood - Two main Characters Tae and Ed-K meet to form a brotherhood, which is put to the test by harsh elements of K-Town.
	Episode 2: Eur-ri (Honor) – Drama: The Trials and Tribulations of Tae and Ed-K's brotherhood.
	Episode 3: Sa-rang (Love) – Love Story: The Fulfillment of a Promise – Power and Money is not all for a man.  The ultimate gift is Love.

Purpose:          We want to share with the world the unique 1.5-generation (immigrated to America before the age of 10) Korean American's struggle in dealing with the bi-cultural dilemma and their
fight to maintain their cultural heritage in this multiethnic City of Angels.

Furthermore, we want to represent the power and creativity of the 1.5-generation Korean Americans who are interested in expressing our perspective to the world through the medium of Film.

We are involved in all aspect of making this Film, from pre-production, production, post-production, and music scoring, to distribution.

Theme:
“Not Koreans, Not  Americans,
we are the K-Town Cowboyz.”

Korean Americans in Korea-town, Los Angeles, have their own style, culture, and flair, unique to themselves.  It is this life style, which will be portrayed through the on-the-edge, hardcore, street
character of Ed-K and contrasted by the strong, grounded,
traditional character of Tae.  It is the story of their relationship as they face the harsh realities and disappointments of living in K-Town.

Casting: We are currently looking for males and females between the ages of 18 and 30, who are interested in being involved with this project.

For any of the following positions: 	Female Lead, stunts, martial artists, male and female actors, production assistants, extras