Karin Spaink on Sat, 15 Sep 2001 06:22:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Re: Islamic Jihad, what is next?

On 13-09-2001 at 15:43, Brian Holmes kindly wrote:

[Felipe's article]

> And more generally, for anyone involved in the recent
> protest movements: Doesn't this attack make it clear that
> we now need to distance ourselves from every kind of
> violence, while inquiring more precisely into the origins
> of the violence, and denouncing its inevitability under
> the current world economic and political system?

Yes, perfetcly.

But that answer is in itself is very insufficient. Like
Arafat does not control all Palestines, yet is held
responsible for all their actions, and like the whole range
of Islamic falvours and brands are by now conflated into
one, *we* can also not control all participants and the
counter party will only be too happy to hold us all
responsible for what they say or do, no matter wat we say or
do. And just like all Moslems are suddenly tarred with the
same brush, so will we.

- K -

--

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
  - Emmy aka Sproet