Phil Graham on Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:42:09 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Fwd: Our deepest sympathy and support

Following is what looks like a personal message from Carly and the gang at HP.

Of course it's spam, and contains a whole lot of HP hype, as well as
humanitarian outlets.

I'm not sure what to make of it, other than it being another exemplar of
opportunism.

regards
Phil

************
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:25:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Hewlett-Packard <HewlettPackard@hplj.m0.net>
To: phil.graham@mailbox.uq.edu.au
Subject: Our deepest sympathy and support
:

Dear Phil,

This week we have been witnesses to a terrible tragedy. The searing
images from New York, Washington D.C., and Pennsylvania are now
indelibly etched in our minds. We'd like to extend our deepest
sympathies and heartfelt prayers to everyone affected by these
devastating events.

Since September 11th, as we all grapple with the magnitude of these
events, HP people have been focused on helping our customers, helping
each other and reaching out to those in need. HP has contributed to
the American Red Cross both financially and with equipment donations.
HP has also made equipment donations to the New York Attorney
General's Office, New York Police Department and the New York City
trauma unit.

As your partner, HP stands ready to address these tragic and
devastating events. We are eager to help you respond as quickly and
effectively as possible. If your company has been affected, you
should follow your HP support process by calling your designated 800#
or call (800) 633-3600 for additional resources.

If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute, we have listed a
few options below.

American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund - The American Red Cross is
providing lifesaving assistance to victims and emergency workers in
New York, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania. Click here to donate.

To donate blood, call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE or click here to find a center
near you.

September 11th Fund - United Way and The New York Community Trust have
established the September 11th Fund. Your contribution will be used to
mobilize resources to respond to the urgent needs of victims and their
families affected by these attacks. Click here to learn more.

Salvation Army - Make a donation online or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY.

Keep your colleagues and loved ones close. Now, more than ever, we
need to rely on each other for strength, courage and compassion.

Sincerely,

Carly Fiorina & all the employees of HP