domiziana giordano on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:52:55 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> are there anymore porto alegre reports?

Hi Geert,

during the meeting in Porto Alegre, I've being trying to find English
speaking papers covering the news.
I could not find any.

Not the IHT, not NYTimes, not LATimes, not the British papers. CNN
have been showing the folkloristic side of it.

Finally i was told Financial Times it has being the only English
speaking newspaper regularly covering the Forum.  And it is amazing
considering Le Monde, Liberation, the Italian papers, and I guess
most of the Europeans press, had the news in the front page almost
every day.
(I read those papers on line)

Here actually the only trace I could find in the Independent (UK)
about Porto Alegre, but the topic of the article is about something
else and Porto Alegre is only mentioned.

http://www.independent.co.uk/story.jsp?story=118021

I know ( i guess) nettimers are aware the press did not cover the
Forum, and, frankly,  I would like to know which newspapers they read
and in which way nettimers keep themselves up to date with news that
English speaking press volontary try to hide.

dg