Karin Spaink on Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:45:47 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> More utter genius from futurefeedforward

On 29-3-02 at 19:10, Bruce Sterling kindly wrote:

[Microsoft claims to be working on a copyright infringement
warning system that is actively monitoring infringements
while you write:]

> The advisor works in much the same way as conventional spell-checking and
> grammar-checking features, monitoring documents on-the-fly as they are
> created and flagging any potential problems for the user.  Once a
> potentially infringing passage is identified, the Advisor materializes and
> offers a number of options, including suggested, non-infringing
> re-phrasings, and an option to pursue automated negotiation for a
> licensing micro-payment to cover the use of the copyrighted material.

I'm sure that Scientology will have a field day with that
one. Soosn, you can't write 'Xenu' any more.

Ah, look! My email program monitors what I am about to
reply to, and came up with an appropriate line from my
cookie file. I've been quizzed by TheBat's capacity to do
so, but now I understand that they're coperating with MS
Word ;)

- K -

--

Did you ever read poor old George Orwell's 1984? Yes, yes,
that's wonderful. That would be - could be the palest