Ricardo Bello on Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:23:58 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> More on Venezuela [2x]

Table of Contents:

   Venezuela -TV shut down by government
     "Ricardo Bello" <aracal@well.com>

   More on Venezuela
     Ricardo Bello <aracal@well.com>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:16:55 -0700
From: "Ricardo Bello" <aracal@well.com>
Subject: Venezuela -TV shut down by government

The press coverage of around one million people marching against the
government was a success. Coronel Chavez, the President, then close all
private TV stations to prevent news reaching everyhome. So much for the
left in Latin America.

A link with new on the general strike:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/americas/04/11/venezuela.oil.protest.ap/index.html