Gita Hashemi on Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:54:54 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> A European speaks far better than I:

I find it shameful that Europeans who haven't managed yet to come to
terms with their own history of anti-Semitism and to deal with its
lingering effects get so totally confused about how to address the
current issues particularly the dangerous rise of racism in national
and international social-political currents.

I find it shameful to note the other racist discourse in bloom (e.g
"sell their own mother to a harem").  This discourse is on the same
anti-Semite continuum.  After all, as a very astute friend recently
pointed out, Palestinian people are Semite too.

I find it shameful that she paints that war criminal Sharon in
murmuring tones as "that tragic and Shakespearean figure."

I find it shameful to have once, in my distant youth, thought of
Fallaci as a relatively smart journalist.

By the way, how does one dress as a "suicide bomber"?!!  I thought
the point was to dress inconspicuously to not raise suspicion!

Gita Hashemi

--

======

The occupation of Palestinian lands must end if peace is to begin.
Work for peace: Demand the end to the occupation.