Daniel Young on Tue, 7 May 2002 12:28:17 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Webby Net Art Nominations

NewZoid's Young Blasts Webby Nominations For Net Art

(New York, May 6, 2002) Professor Daniel Young was placed under sedation
after he learned of the five sites nominated for a Webby Award in the Net
Art category. "This world must have entered a severe quantum warp," said
Professor Young from his sanitarium bed, "the nominees for Net Art look like
they belong in the categories of social documentary and technical
gimmickry."

"In the entire spectrum of parallel worlds I have never seen such a
distortion of the meaning of the term 'art,'" added Young. "This may mean we
are entering a prolonged Dark Age in which basic terms and rational
distinctions will become meaningless. I urge all artists and lovers of art
to take appropriate precautions."