Morlock Elloi on Fri, 31 May 2002 10:07:31 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> On Empire

> This is an interesting 'engineer-as-victim' point of view but it is one
> that does not fit reality. If we are discussing the operations of high
> technology companies then there can be no valid identification of a
> management and a hacker class. Additionally engineers cannot be seen as an

First, word "hacker" is inapplicable here, second, engineers and management are
highly and vividly distinct in dozens of companies in silly valley I had the
first hand experiences with. They do eat junk food together on social
ocassions, but that's about it. So I am curious to find out in  which companies
one cannot tell engineers from management in the daily practice.

> exploited group distinct from management.. Functions intermingle. These
> corporations are typically engineering driven with their plans and visions
> set by the ambitions and world views of the engineers who populate them.

Oh, I thought that you were serious, I apologise for taking this on. The above
statement is either utterly clueless or a sarcastic flame bait.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows: