Diana McCarty on Mon, 3 Jun 2002 06:23:32 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> the hacker class

Whew - At least we know where bill gates stands now.

By ken's defintion of the hacker class - folks like gates, sam cohen, jimmy
barksdale, heck, even dick cheney (or are oil men out?), and dan flynn are
part and parcel of the hacker class - producers, engineers, tinkerers.
That's a mighty tough contradiction to overcome in any class analysis, no
matter who's book you go by. I'd say the hacker class has done pretty well
for itself already, but they tended to favor the vectoralist position. Or
how many shares does it take to turn a hacker into a vector?  Maybe we are
_all_ hackers and we don't know it, but _they_ found out first.

cheers,
diana