Ray Thomas on Sun, 21 Jul 2002 22:51:24 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Attn BIG Torino artists: Does BIG Torino owe you money?

Dear BIG Torino artists and others,

The BIG festival (run by Michelangelo Pistoletto) owes us $2700 that we
paid out of our own pocket to set up our project there. No amount of
e-mail and telephoning from us and from one of the curators has had any
success in getting the festival to pay us this money.

For a while we thought this might be because of the events that we
describe at http://www.rtmark.com/torino/, but lately we have heard from
quite a few other BIG Torino artists who are, likewise, still awaiting
payment from BIG; still others had to pursue Fulvio Spada and other BIG
staff for weeks in order to get paid.

If you too are owed money by BIG (or any of director Michelangelo
Pistoletto's other entities, such as Citta dell'arte), several art
journalists in Italy and elsewhere are interested in this subject for
articles about the hypocrisy of this festival, directed by the founder of
Arte Povvera, that claims to be about art confronting the social and yet
doesn't pay its artists. We will be happy to transmit to them any
information.

Also, we would love to know details of your cases, so that we can pursue
collectively various options for forcing them to pay us all.

Best wishes,

Ray Thomas
for RTMark