ernie yacub on Tue, 23 Jul 2002 04:58:02 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> alert - orang orang hack - unique audio material lost

please excuse me if this is old news for some of you....ernie

http://orang.orang.org

Sorry,

orang is not working at this time.

we got hacked. somebody just deleted all
these unique audio pieces (about 40 days of
audio material from our worldwide community
collected over 6 years..).

because the indirect inode block structure
got zeroed by the linux kernel (2.0.36)
a reconstruction of the data might turn out
to be expensive. so we are sorry to ask you
for your financial support.

nevertheless we have all the meta data from
the orang database and will recollect the
old pieces from the contributors, if possible.
also we will try the new "open meta archive"
system to relauch "orang" during the next
weeks.

thanx,

thomax,
orang crew