Florian Cramer on Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:46:46 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Apologies for posting Josephine Bosma, review of Documenta XI

Am Mittwoch, 14. August 2002 um 14:22:22 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Florian
Cramer:

> [written by Josephine Bosma]
>

> Documenta XI:  no laughing matter

Dear Nettimers,

I would like to apologize for posting Josephine's article here - in a
moment of confusion and stupidity, I hadn't paid attention to the fact
that it was originally posted to a non-public mailing list. As a matter of
fact, her text wasn't finished yet, posted only as a sketch for
peer-review and not meant for publication.(*)

So please consider the posting only a teaser for Josephine's upcoming real
review, which was commissioned by rhizome, and will appear on the
rhizome.org website. (I will post an announcement for the nettime
announcer as soon as it's online.)

Florian

(*) But I must say that I like it nevertheless, and, disagreeing with Paul
Miller, find that Documenta XI is terribly naive especially in its use of
video and electronic media as "documentary" devices which apparently are
thought to tell unfiltered truths.

--

http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cantsin/homepage/
http://www.complit.fu-berlin.de/institut/lehrpersonal/cramer.html