nettime's_diet on Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:29:20 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> lose weight reading empire digest [lovink / v / flagan]

Re: <nettime> Empire for Beginners - by Rob los Ricos
     "geert lovink" <geert@xs4all.nl>
     tobias v <tobias@techno.ca>
     Are Flagan <areflagan@mac.com>

From: "geert lovink" <geert@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Empire for Beginners - by Rob los Ricos
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:41:55 +1000

From: "N Jett" <njett@hotmail.com>

> Identity leads to Hierarchy leads to Capitalism leads to Empire. So to get
> rid of Capitalism/Empire you must get rid of idenity? Is that where this
> is going?

Why not? I learned that it is only police who asks for identity. To get rid
of identity politics would certainly be a big step forwards. One way is
to refuse to give your identity all together. Another strategy could be to
make it more complex, day by day. Politically correct forces and other
authorities usually do not like messed up personal stories.

As the .sig file of Jo van der Spek says:

better a complex identity than an identity complex

Ciao, Geert