Damian Abbott on Sat, 7 Sep 2002 08:20:31 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Greece and games

http://www.gameland.gr/lawenglish.htm

 "1. Operation and installation of any game of type (b), (c) and (d) of Article 1,
including computer games,  placed in public places such as hotels, cafeterias,
organization halls and in any other public or private place, is prohibited."

Translation - uh... "we'll never be able to distinguish between games used for
gambling and those that aren't so we'll just ban the lot. Everywhere."

I'm not much into games, but I do have one question about this - at exactly what
point in history did mankind become stupid enough to create such law and docile
enough to swallow it?