nettime's_digestive_system on Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:22:13 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> digesting streaming [recktenwald x2]

Re: <nettime> streaming media software for arts released
     Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>

Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:55:21 +0100 (CET)
From: Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: <nettime> streaming media software for arts released

And, btw,

> switch, what do you use as a playlist, m3u as with mp3s, audio/x-oggurl
> aka bla.ogu ? Ogu is fun, those t-shirts are mine. But ogg is so old

RTSP and timelines and mp4. This is as important as PAL and SECAM
or VHS and BETAMAX. You dont have a choise.

I saw that mplayer can do http://bla/bla.avi, maybe m4us and
video/x-mpegurl. m3us for ogg etc, whatever works, there is allready
video/x-mpegurl for everything Ciscos mp4player cannot play. And
video/vnd.mpegurl and mxu.

The most effectiv internet MIME Type registry is at www.apache.org, a bug
in mime.types, the bug tracking system.

Best, H.