Heiko Recktenwald on Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:14:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Multimedia Instead Of Law?

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Multimedia Instead Of Law?
     Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:21:24 +0100 (CET)
From: Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Multimedia Instead Of Law?

> > Where will this lead?  Typical juristic methods such as deductive and
> > inductive logic, analogy and syllogism are not at all mediagenic.  Abstract
> > chains of logical deduction may be represented through images only with
> > difficulty.
>
> Bla. The cases of the federal court of justice (BGH), for example, are
> full of images, abstract and sometimes wrong, but the "natuerliche
> Betrachtungsweise" (sotosay natural view) is one of the BGHs favourites.

Instead of instead of we should think more about a visualisation of
cases. There are so many beautifull cases in the books etc. Cases, thats
where the law comes from.

For example in some New Sealand or Australia against France case, the
drowning of the Rainbow Warrior with one dead, the photographer in his
darkroom. The case is phantastic. How France arranged that the actors of
the happening, artwork in the harbour, were sent to a french prison island
in the south sea, bangalows and the sea, and even released from
there after a year in the sun.

How do they live today, what happened to their chefs etc, movies of
cases..

Anyway, one real man really dead.

H.