Dan Sheetz on Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:10:25 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> unstable digest vol 39

To be completely accurate, a Quine is a program whose output is exactly the
same as it's complete source code.  It's named in honor of Willard Van Orman
Quine, an influential mathematician and philosopher who died in 2000.  Quine
programming is a common CS school homework assignment.

Some related reading:

http://www.wvquine.org/
http://www.nyx.net/~gthompso/quine.htm

-Dan

> From: Florian Cramer <cantsin@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:03:20 +0100
> To: nettime-l@bbs.thing.net
> Subject: <nettime> unstable digest vol 39
>
> From: Harwood <Harwood@scotoma.org>
> To: reader-list@mail.sarai.net
> Subject: [Reader-list] war.pl
> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:15:08 +0000
>
> A little something I came across recently
> It's a quine - a self replicating programme
 <...>