Nettime on Thu, 22 May 2003 12:08:09 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Re: The Matrix Reloaded (digest) [guderian, miller]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> The Matrix Reloaded
     Carl Guderian <carlg@vermilion-sands.com>

   The Matrix and Buddha's Birthday
     "Paul D. Miller" <anansi1@earthlink.net>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:06:34 +0000
From: Carl Guderian <carlg@vermilion-sands.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> The Matrix Reloaded

And, er, whoever gave away a major part of the plot, could you please
not do that or at least wait until more than a few weeks after the movie
comes out?

Thanks.

Carl

Maybe that invention promised for Matrix Revolutions is a beam aimed at
everyone's "god spot"...

Jesse Hirsh wrote:

> > But, what is most amazing about 'The Matrix Reloaded' is its rhythm, the
> > non-stop *speed* employed throughout the movie. The new matrix is a film
> > that feels like a videogame. It has the aesthetics of a game, but more than
> > that, it tells the story as if it were just that, a videogame.
>
> well, that's cause it is a video game:
>
> http://www.enterthematrixgame.com/
>
> just because you paid, say $12 to see a 2 hour movie. i'd reckon the
> primary market is the $50 multi-platform video game market.
>
> [...]
>
> jesse :)

- --
I always cry at chemical weddings - Rose E. Cross