roya.jakoby on Sun, 15 Jun 2003 11:14:38 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Miltos Manetas: Neen Dogma of Painting

Never mind Miltos' ever so annoying PR-stunts - the concept of 'Neen' and
Telcic (http://www.neen.org) is a fairly interesting overview of some things
as they occur out there in the field of arts and technology.

Why does nobody on this 'i wish i would be more important' list (hello -
where, is the censor?) seems to care about Neen -is this the infamous
nettime sleeping effect, or whatsit? Oh, never mind..

Seriously - there is kind of an obscure silence out here when it comes to
everything that could possible disturb the digestive sleep / marriage
between technology /arts/jobs - right now, since some years - it's the
piss-off of the settled ones.

Kind of an unholy camp / sleep of ignorance that is, let me tell you. Why is
hardly anybody ever angry for the better selfish reason out here? Is life so
good and cozy then? At least Miltos seems to have something to say- even if
it's for nothing else but his own selfish reasons...

Which makes me wonder - are some people feeling they have been taken by the
nuts by Neen and Telic, or not? If not - why officially not bother anymore
with those phrases (Phrasendrescherei)? At least say something...

/roya.

On 6/12/03 5:14 PM, "geert lovink" <geert@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> From: "miltos manetas" <m@manetas.com>
>
> http://www.francescobonami.com
>
> Francesco Bonami, the Director of the Venice Biennial, presents a NEEN DOGMA
> of PAINTING !
>
> We are proud to present: FRANCESCOBONAMI.COM
 <...>