Are Flagan on Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:28:22 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> When Barbie met GI Joe...

Bush now has his own talking, but not walking, action figure. The tinny
voice box oratory, complete with trademark malapropisms, uncannily echoes
the authentic words read off the autocue. The greatest hits obviously
include such a nugget as "Either you are for us, or you are against us."

-af

+ + + + +

http://www.toypresidents.com

Total of 120 seconds of George W. Bush's actual voice:

This great nation will lead the world -- and we will be successful
This isn't a republican war, this isn't a democrat war, this is an American
War.
Our nation is deeply grateful to all who serve in uniform.
I'm glad to be in the midst of patriots.
We know what we need to do, and I look forward to working with both
republicans and democrats -- to get it done.
If tax relief is good enough for Americans three years from now, it is good
enough for Americans today
I strongly believe we need to make sure that consumer confidence stays high
-- by giving people more of their own money back.
Either you are for us, or you are against us.
My call to is -- if you want to fight evil, do some good.
One mentor, one person -- can change a life forever -- and I urge you to be
that person.
The most important indicator of our economic strength is the growing skill
and efficiency of the American worker.
Free people will set the course of history, and free people will keep the
peace of the world.
The President of the United States is the President of single American -- of
every race -- and every background.
We will make this an age of progress an liberty
I'm heading to Crawford after tonight.
I ask for you to pray for this great nation.
God bless America.
Our country is unified, and we are strong and we are resolved and that makes
this president -- feel really good.
You believe in America and America believes in you.
My job is to protect America -- and that's exactly what I'm going to do.
And we will have a military equal to every challenge -- and superior to every
adversary.
The price of freedom is high -- but as far as I'm concerned -- it's not too
high -- and we're going to pay it.
Double taxation is bad for our economy. Double taxation is wrong.
The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to
humanity.
The less reliant we are on foreign sources of crude oil -- the better off we
are in America.