steven schkolne on Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:23:17 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Re: Community, what is it, and Nettime

>All that being said, it's clear why nettime can't respond to Beth, etc.;
>there's no one, no/thing to respond - which is nettime's very strength.

i think nettime *can* respond.  anyone can sit on their panels, give
speeches for nettime, anyone who subscribes to the list can receive the
oscar nobel prize for nettime.  nettime has no leader - i think anyone
who represents it is just fine (as long as they are actually subbed to
it).  whether it be berobed honored academic in ivory tower, founder
moderator plower through emails and selector of content, be-pimpled geek
with monitor tan and code flowing out of ears, foppish net artist with
vector graphics always on the backburner.

it doesn't really matter who it is now does it.... in my opinion, for
this kind of thing, the less sensible the better.  can't someone just
*volunteer*?  hell i volunteer.  beth, count me in.

sorry to harsh on your soundbite alan, it was convenient, - respect.

steven