nettime's muscle critics on Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:20:49 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Arnold at the gates [3x]

Table of Contents:

   RE: <nettime> While Californians vote... Arnold Unplugged (Greg Palast)
     kranenbu@xs4all.nl

   arnie's track record
     coco fusco <animas999@yahoo.com>

   i don't know about anti-intellectualism, but...
     Ryan Griffis <grifray@yahoo.com>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:45:16 +0200 (CEST)
From: kranenbu@xs4all.nl
Subject: RE: <nettime> While Californians vote... Arnold Unplugged (Greg Palast)

After all it is the perfect mise en abyme of Gramsci's notion of hegemony
that simply states that you gotta have cultural power before you can have
political power, and as the progressive sides do nought but talk, it those
who make themselves in movies who get to rule. The actual voting process
is completely irrelevant, this is and was a perfectly predictable outcome,
necessarily so.