Shaun Rolph on Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:07:50 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> re: Era of LibreSelf-Deception Society Manifesto

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Morlock Elloi wrote:
>
> > Generic "capitalism bad something else good" essays are FUCKING
> > BORING. NO ONE READS THAT. MAKES YOU LOOK DUMB AND NOT BEING LAID IN
> > MONTHS.

Morlock Elloi conflated sexual frustration and the jejune pleasures of
writing an Open Source manifesto. Terry Eagleton ,who lives in a rectory,
(and how delighted Porculus must have been to read that ) would have us
choose between French philosophy and French kissing. Now I can't see a
dilemma without wanting to resolve it. So :

Why not GPL relations between the sexes ?.

The FLOSS mob make global claims for openness.They say it can re-engineer
the whole system of social relations. But how can anything claim
universality that fails to treat with the whispers of a lover or a secret
smile across a crowded room ? Can we take seriously any politics that does
not obtain at the nexus of cock and cunt ?

The open source movement must enter the boudoir. <nettime> will lead the
way. How else can we have a cultural politics of a 'net whose traffic is
mostly porn.?