ryan griffis on Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:11:12 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> genetic colonialism is cutting edge...

  "She's really cutting-edge," said George Washington University
anthropologist Alison Brooks, who has spent more than three decades
studying African prehistory. "There are all these people collecting
genes in Finland and India, but no one was really working in Africa. We
know very, very little about the African gene pool."
Tishkoff is convinced African genes hold the key: "If I want to know
deep human origins, I only need to look in Africa."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/bal-
te.ms.dna12apr12,0,149678.story?coll=bal-news-nation