nettime's_support_group on Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:00:39 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> i support steven kurtz [da costa, broeckmann, thacker]

Re: <nettime> International Support Letter for Steven Kurtz / CAE
     Beatriz da Costa <beatrizdacosta@earthlink.net>
Re: Fwd: letter of support for Critical Art Ensemble
     Andreas Broeckmann <abroeck@transmediale.de>
Re: <nettime> International Support Letter for Steven Kurtz / CAE
     Eugene Thacker <eugene.thacker@lcc.gatech.edu>

From: Beatriz da Costa <beatrizdacosta@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: <nettime> International Support Letter for Steven Kurtz / CAE
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 00:56:23 -0700

Dear Eric & Eugene,

As of now no such letter has been drafted. It would be wonderful if you
could take that on. I am too closely involved to take this task on
myself.

thanks!
Beatriz / Carla

On Jun 2, 2004, at 11:55 AM, Eugene Thacker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Great idea Eric. It seems that word has been slow to get around.  Perhaps
> Carla Mendes, the CAE spokesperson, already has a letter of support, or is
> the person to draft one?
 <...>

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:26:47 +0200
From: Andreas Broeckmann <abroeck@transmediale.de>
Subject: Re: Fwd: letter of support for Critical Art Ensemble

friends,

i cannot stop thinking that all this is taking place while steve's
wife hope has just passed away... when somebody close to you dies, it
is already a most painful and unfathomable experience. it pains me to
think that steve, in this time when he would need all his strength to
mourn his wife, is burdened with such a stupid distraction.

if you have support to offer, remember that this moment is not only
one in which, in some twisted way, the work of the CAE of the last
years makes it possible to actually deal with the
scientific-political dimension of the legal case building up, and
with the biotech regimes which it is connected to. to actually turn
this case into an arena of cultural activism is one important task
now.

however, do also remember that this is a moment of bereavement.

regards,
-a

ps: check here for some photos of hope and steve during a CAE
performance at N5M2 at v2_ in rotterdam, january 1996.

http://framework.v2.nl/archive/search/minimal.xslt?query=critical+art+ensemble&class=&x=12&y=6