valery.grancher on Sat, 17 Jul 2004 00:25:11 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> [open letter to Yukiko Shikata]

To answer Geert lovink email about the google painting bought by Google:
Hereafter some info about a google paintying done on 2001 in Los Angeles
and its history !
I sent this email hereafter to the curator of this event...

Your coment are welcome:

Best regards

Valery Grancher
http://www.nomemory.org
http://www.nomemorybazaar.com

Hello Yukiko Shikata,

How are you, I'm contacting you because I just saw this page on the web
and really I don't know how to perceive it.
I rode that you were part of this project as a curator.
http://www.exonemo.com/NP/index.html

I would like to ask you what you think about it when you will know that
I did this project on 2001 and was show in deitch gallery in NY!
http://www.nomemory.org/webpaint/data/googleoil.htm
and was sold in an art auction dealing with contemporary art on last
june in Drouot Paris by Ma=EEtre Tajan on June 2004 (really more
expensive that the exonemo one to google):
http://www.tajan.com
here  the catalog of the auction (lot 187).
http://www.tajan.com/pdf/4433.pdf
This paintings is a part of "webpaintings" project in initiated on 1998:
http://www.nomemory.org/webpaint
This google paintings was shown in severals shows and treproduced in art
magazine in korea, because was shon on 2002 at the artsonje center in
Seoul and Gwangjyu in a show called "less ordinary".
This picture of this painting was also diffused on nettime on 2001,
exonemo is a part of nettime ! was also show during two week on last may
on front page of rhizome.org and was reproduced in several magazines and
catalog....

As a curator of this project I deeply want to have your opinion about
this

I thank you for your attention and your kindness and I look forward to
hearing from you as soon as possible