Heiko Recktenwald on Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:56:21 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Working on article about the need for a

Mark,

At 16:28 10.01.2005, Newmedia@aol.com wrote:
>Opinions can no longer be manipulated; people simply believe whatever the
>believe in and they are likely to act on these beliefs.

And then they get "informations" or what?

I dont think the internet has allready changed a lot and medias are not the
main problem. The relevant facts are all open, see the situation in Israel
for example, well, the details etc of the expulsion of the palestinensians
out of their old villages may not be well known, but this doesn change much.

The biggest problem is not the media, whatever it is, or taboos, see
Godards Ici et aileurs insofar, but that many if not most people dont want
an own opinion. The germans in the Nazi state are nothing special,
allthough this case is special anyway, there was no free press. People dont
want to think themselves. They dont care about other people, other people
in other countries are not relevant for them anyway.

I saw some blogs on the situation in Iraq, btw, sort of naiv, the Tigris
water project etc, maybe more historic knowledge is necessary. It is more
important than psychology. And what is "democracy"?????

H.