Ronda Hauben on Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:16:11 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Crisis in the US Media and the 2004 Election (fwd)

Thanks for the help and comments on my earlier post toward the article I
was working on about the crisis in the US media. The article has just been
published in Telepolis. Here is the url for the article. I welcome
comments and further thoughts on this issue as it is a critical one that
the progressive movement especially in the US, but also around the world
needs to understand how to deal with.

"The Crisis in the US Media and the 2004 Election"
by Ronda Hauben

"Without a press that can function independently of government the
public is left disarmed"

A critical question raised by the 2004 election in the US is the role
played by the media.

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/19/19296/1.html

The article was written before the recent inauguration which was
but another example of the problem. There was very little press coverage
of the protest and the protest events,giving a one sided view of what is
happening in the US not only to the public in the US, but also to the
public worldwide.

with best wishes

Ronda