Patrice Riemens on Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:43:02 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Spamomania! : paul@xtdnet.nl: New spam statistics available 1997-2004 :)

Another fine piece of Hippie-ness!
;-)

----- Forwarded message from Paul Wouters <paul@xtdnet.nl> -----

Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:22:27 +0200 (MET DST)
To: __________@hippiesfromhell.org
Subject: New spam statistics available 1997-2004 :)

It's late. You drank a redbull-vodka at home and were planning to go to
Paradiso.  In the end, you were too lazy. What better time then to
update your spam archive!

Paul proudly presents:

http://www.xtdnet.nl/paul/spam/
http://www.xtdnet.nl/paul/spam/graphs/

The entire archive of every single spam I receive since 1997 is available at:

http://unspammable.xtdnet.nl/

ExecSum: 2004 brought me three times the amount of spam as 2003, and in
fact twice as much as I had received ever at the start of that year.

If anyone can point to an event in september 2004 that would explain the
sudden drop in spam, I would be really interested. Perhaps it was some
software tweaking on my end....

It took hypermail 1.2GB of RAM and 10 minutes on an Itanium2 machine to
create the 2004 archive.  Mail::Graph is also producing a few unreadable
graphs, and is still running on the "Making graph target..." (and has been
for an hour or more) So some graphs will be updated tomorrow when the run
has finished.

Now let's see if we can avoid making the same mistakes with VOIP/ENUM.
Personally, I am counting of having to through away my mobile phone in
a few years at the most.

Paul

----- End forwarded message -----