Alan Sondheim on Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:15:19 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> pulling the plug on WiFi

This article was forwarded to me by Gerald Jones.

In Brooklyn, I've got WiFi and anyone can use it as far as I'm concerned.
A block away on Bergen is a publicly advertised hotspot. You sit on the
curb or a brownstone stoop and you're on.

Wifi is still obviously for the wealthy - PDAs w/access are expensive and
laptops are really impractical if you're on the run. But eventually one
should have information available everywhere. And for free. And for those
who want it from those who want to provide it. It's a no-brainer except
for the corporate media fascists who want to drag the last drop of blood
out of the body politic.

- Alan