Thomas Keenan on Fri, 20 May 2005 00:14:08 +0200 (CEST)

Re: SV: <nettime> Landscape Painting of the Information Age

In the summer of 2004 the New York-based artist Laura Kurgan exhibited
four large prints based on data collected by commercial earth-observation
satellites, at the Whitney Museum at Altria in New York City. She called
the work "Monochrome Landscapes." The New Yorker magazine reviewer wrote
(issue of 5 July 2004): "Laura Kurgan's digital satellite photographs of
landscapes reduced to monochrome fields provide a glimpse of how
transporting both visually and conceptually art based on digits can be."

- Tom Keenan