nettime's_eternal_return on Tue, 9 Aug 2005 07:46:58 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> twice-told tactical tales [recktenwald, lotu5, holmes, lebkowsky]

Re: <nettime> Yep, that's "tactical media," all right
     Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>
     lotu5 <lotu5@resist.ca>
     "brian.holmes@wanadoo.fr" <brian.holmes@wanadoo.fr>
     Jon Lebkowsky <jon.lebkowsky@gmail.com>

Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:35:33 +0200
From: Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Yep, that's "tactical media," all right

Nice (?) piece of literatur, but I dont believe it has to be taken to
serious.  Chemical weapons etc.

The internet is the place of "tactical media" in many ways and one
tactic in this "clash of civilisations", that is a fake anyway, is to
spread false rumors, to try to destroy the identity of the warriors or
whatever they are, whatever is happening.

A google search on  "Global Islamic Media Front" showed nothing but
links to "counterpropaganda" sites, there is a campaign, one of them
with such nonsense like:

"But when a man emerges from a house that is under surveillance for
terror-related reasons, is wearing unusual clothing, refuses to stop for
police and rushes onto a Tube train, it is hard to argue that police on
the scene have many choices. The ultimate blame belongs to the
terrorists who have made London a city under siege."

http://www.muslimworldtoday.com/claim5.htm

I dont think this is "all right"..

Best, H.

Bruce Sterling wrote:

>*Right outta the good old Hakim Bey TAZ handbook.
>
>bruces
>http://blog.wired.com/sterling/
>
>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/05/
>AR2005080501138_pf.html