Nettime mailing list archives

Re: <nettime> Historical Revisionism Made Easy
Florian Cramer on Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:26:17 +0100 (CET)

Am Samstag, 12. November 2005 um 17:14:48 Uhr (-0500) schrieb Mark Dery:
> How odd, then, that the *1982* issue of the Florida Bar Journal should
> use the term. I give you chapter and verse:
> >>Title: New issues in the new media

You can also go back to the year 1964 and McLuhan's "Understanding

   "In Othello, which, as much as King Lear, is concerned with the
   torment of people transformed by illusions, there are these lines
   that bespeak Shakespeare's intuition of the transforming powers of
   new media" [...]

   "Education is ideally civil defense against media fall-out. Yet
   Western man has had, so far, no education or equipment for meeting
   any of the new media on their own terms." [...]

   "The vested interests of acquired knowledge and conventional wisdom
   have always been by-passed and engulfed by new media."

#  more info: majordomo {AT} bbs.thing.net and "info nettime-l" in the msg body
#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nettime {AT} bbs.thing.net