nathalie on Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:52:32 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> daily paper "liberation" on strike

Dear friends
Since four days, the french national daily newspaper Liberation and
it's website have been on strike. For the first time in it's own
history, the newspaper hasn't been in the newstands, neither on the
Web, since Tuesday morning.
With this action, we intend to protest against the plan sacking 52
people, both journalists and non journalists, which would mean a
reduction of 15% of the employees from the newspaper and website.
A blog has been created, on
http://www.libelutte.org
where you will find all the news concerning the movement.
We also welcome your support and your reactions by mail at
reagir@liberation.fr
Thank you to forward the information around you