Marina Vishmidt on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:47:34 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> US Press Query

Hello -

I'm doing some research right now about how to circulate/solicit interest from the
American local or national press with re to the Broadway Market
anti-gentrification campaign focusing on Cafe Francesca and Spirit's shop
(Nutritious Food Galley).  We have a website, a mailing list and termendous press
interest from around the world but so far don't seem to have gotten any North
American press, aside possibly from Indymedia.  Does anyone have any suggestions,
from current or past experience of 'working the press', of inciting interest
beyond relying on healthy web presence and the likelihood of featuring in Google
searches?

The website is here:  http://34broadwaymarket.omweb.org

Many thanks,
Marina