nettime's closed management system on Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:42:23 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Lessig endorses DRM [3x[

Table of Contents:

   [Fwd: Re: <nettime> Lessig endorses DRM]
     Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>

   Re: <nettime> Lessig endorses DRM
     Michael H Goldhaber <mgoldh@well.com>

   Re: <nettime> Lessig endorses DRM
     Patrice Riemens <patrice@xs4all.nl>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:32:28 +0100
From: Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: <nettime> Lessig endorses DRM]

Hi,
>    "In a world where DRM has become ubiquitous, we need to ensure that
>    the ecology for creativity is bolstered, not stifled, by technology,".
>    says Lessig - or [60]somebody purporting to be Lessig.
>
>    "We applaud Sun's efforts to rally the community around the
>    development of open-source, royalty-free DRM standards that support
>    'fair use' and that don't block the development of Creative Commons
>    ideals," says Lessig.

I wouldnt say that this supports the subject.
He once designed an open source filter system as well.

H.