Kimberly De Vries on Sun, 28 Jan 2007 04:24:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> An Infinite Seance

Olia, let me see if I have this right: to sum up, it sucked before and
in spite of seeming improvements, still sucks now.

Ok, maybe that's how the majority of film and video authors have felt,
though that's not been my impression.  As viewers have we all always
felt a little cheated?  I haven't, but maybe I'm easily entertained.

But forget that, becaue wiithout specific examples of works that were
somehow spoiled or at least had their impacted reduced by the
circumstances of presentation, I can't really judge whether I agree
with your conclusions.

Instead, I would very much like to hear about what would work better
so that maybe we could try improving the situation. Even if things
aren't as bad as you describe, we can always aim for improvement.

Best,

Kim

On 1/27/07, olia lialina <olia@profolia.org> wrote:

> programs put together by festival curators were "ghettos", meaning the
> curators' lack of respect for authors and films alike,  Lately, several new
> ways of screening short films and videos have come into existence:
 <...>