LORENZO TAIUTI on Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:10:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Goodbye Classic ?

Hi David

i think you pointed an important problem. Right in this moment
when media art seems to have lost the first enthusiastic drive,
it's important to go back to meaningful works of the "past". I did
myself show this work "Rehearsal of Memory" by Mongrel 3 years ago
in Torino,Italy. We had to use classic. But it did work and it did
look just as interesting as it did in mid nineties. I think that a
re-thinking and re-analizing of the first wave of complex, ambitious
and slightly too heavily structured works of that time would help to
get out of a moment of stand by, too much concentrated, i think, on
the web. Ciao Lorenzo Taiuti