geert on Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:51:03 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> B92.net millionaires (Modified by Geert Lovink)

Belgrade, October 14, 2005 - B92 web site has achieved for the
umpteenth time a result which only the biggest world wide web sites may
boast of. On Thursday, October 13, there were over a million page
views, and more than 80,000 people visited the B92 web site on that
day. This speaks volumes about not only the B92 web site itself but the
domestic Internet also which has matured enough to deliver results such
as this one.

The main reason for net surfers to flock to the site was the big
success of our national football team. However, all other segments of
the web site also drew huge crowds. We should point out that the Photo
Gallery section had over 300,000, Sports – over 200,000, News –
100,000, Forum – 80,000 hits, and so on.

The web site editorial staff would like to take the advantage of this
opportunity to thank all the visitors as well as to invite all of those
who still have not paid a visit to www.b92.net to do this and see for
themselves why this web address is so popular.

For the near future, we are preparing many more interesting topics and
new web site segments like the Most Beautiful Car of the Year
selection, new pages dedicated to female audience, more about healthy
lifestyle, travel, etc. Our visitors will still have a major role to
play and you may see the evidence to prove it if you visit our web site
Forum as well as look up visitors' comments on almost every article
posted on the web site.

B92 web site has for a long time been the most popular web site in
Serbian language. A proof of these excellent results is B92's Alexa
rating (www.alexa.com) according to which B92 ranks high among most
popular world's web sites – 2,417. This is the best ranking for a web
site from Southeast Europe. On its web site popularity scale of zero to
ten, Google gave B92 web site an excellent 7. To put things into
perspective, we should mention the famous Time magazine scored 8 points
on the Google scale. A survey of pogodak.co.yu also shows the B92 web
site contents are the most searched-for items on this local search
engine.