chad scov1lle on Fri, 21 Dec 2007 23:46:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Jon Ippolito / Joline Blais :: Long Now Foundation Talk

 Hello,

This is my first post to the mailing list, so if I am redundant in any way I apologize in advance.

Some of you might be familizr with the Long Now Foundation and their Seminars
on Long Term Thinking Series which they offer monthly in San Francisco. I've
been listening to many of the lectures for about a year now, and for the most
part, all are quite engaging. Some of the speakers, like Francis Fukuyama for
instance, might be on the other side of the discourse in terms of politics and
viewpoints on social issues, but it is still compelling to hear the Q & A.
There are a lot of good minds involved.

http://blog.longnow.org/2007/12/17/jon-ippolito-and-joline-blais-at-the-edge-of-art/

I thought that this lecture would be pertinent to the list. I read through the
synopsis and found it to be interesting.

Best,

Chad