Matze Schmidt on Sat, 5 Jan 2008 00:18:26 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Happy new 1984

hi,

i am sorry, i only read about the case of surveillance, about the facts
here but not about drives 'behind' or 'under' this.

imho i recommend to read the book of reinhard kuehnl. _formen
buergerlicher herrschaft_ (in german) in which the author tries to prove
how the early democratic (?) state germany, the weimar republic was
converted in a fashist way at the very point at which the german capital
was in deep crisis.

but my core-question is: with all due respect to what happened to you
personally, why do you and the protesters in germany refer to the
bundeverfassungsgericht (federal court of justice) and the basic
constitutional law? is it the believe in a real existing democratic
political system of a group (30.000 complained against the retention,
see also http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de) or is it the specific
model of an action against which one may call state-illusion -- a
strange movement against a phantasm made by those who act against it? in
other words a don quijotesque situation for civil rights and privacy
activists. to understand it right, don quijote was fighting against what
he created, after his lecture of a world which already was done.

matze schmidt